Sunday, September 22, 2013

Been away...But here is The Studio

 Hello there! 

Been away from blogging a long time.  I took a trip to Ireland and Scotland with my husband, sister Cynthia and her husband Matt.  We were gone for the last week of August and the first week of September.  Had a wonderful time...talk about this in my next post.

The studio is completed (well almost).  Right now it is getting rain gutters.  The picture above is from the master designer...husband John, sitting proudly in front of his accomplishment.  We took this picture before we left on our trip.

Now to give you a tour of this 24' by 16' building---

The front door with motion lights,a porch light and an outlet in case I want to use my electric spinner, a deck with two sets of steps and  a new gutter.  (Notice the tools still scattered on the deck to give the impression that work is in progress...Hah!)

The right side of the building with three 3' windows


The left side of the building with two 4' windows

The back side of the building with one 6' window

Open the front door and this is what you see


On the left you will see a tall set of shelves with dedicated space for each type of fiber as well as a tall storage bin with drawers for all of my beading supplies, one eight harness Schacht floor loom.


 
An oak computer desk, my zebra chair, my mounted warping board and a cork board for weaving drafts.

My AVL 24 harness Workshop Loom as well as newly built fiber shelving, my weaving library and my carder.

Storage for my reeds, raddles, lease sticks, shuttles and assorted weaving equipment.

My rocking chair, CD player and refrigerator.  (My spinning wheel will go in front of the rocking chair)
 
My Macomber 8 harness loom in the center of the room.
 
A view through the French doors (Notice the doggie who would love to come in)
 
The view out of my back window
 
 
 
The view out of my side window behind my Schacht.
 
The view from my computer desk.
 
The closet that will eventually become a composting toilet.
 
Notice the labels...anyone who inherits my fiber will now know what it is.
 
My first warp wound in my new studio waiting to go on the loom.  It may be a while before you see the placemats from this warp.  I first have to honor my sister.
 
We lost Ginny (Virginia Lee Conlon Royal) today after a long battle with cancer.  I will be returning to our home state of Virginia to join my family as we honor her life.  She brought sunshine to many lives and was quite a crafty lady.  She will be missed.
 
There you have it.  The studio that started the blog.  Next post...Ireland.

1 comment:

  1. Love the studio! I imagine you will be spending lots of time in here!

    We'll miss you, Aunt Ginny!

    Looking forward to the Ireland trip!

    ReplyDelete