Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Finished Fabric

 I have finished the length of fabric that I was recently on my loom.  It has been washed and fulled giving me 4 1/3 yards of 26" wide cloth to work with.  I just received in the mail some new fall patterns from Vogue.  I was thinking that the jacket of V8937 will work well with my new cloth.  I found in my stash the perfect lining fabric.  My woven cloth is cotton...extremely soft and very warm.  I need to back my cloth with fusible tricot stabilizer before I take the scissors to it to cut out pattern pieces.  Pellon makes a great product for this.  I think that I will make a prototype jacket first to address any fitting issues.  (I know already that I will have to shorten the sleeves.)  I also want to make sure that I have enough of my woven fabric to make this very simple jacket.  I have other patterns in mind if this one doesn't work but I am delighted to have this beautiful cloth to work with.  The joy of being able to weave!

In the meantime, a friend of mine, who is a prolific weaver warns to always have your next warp ready when you have finished the one on your loom.  Taking her advise I also wound a warp of a rayon boucle.  I found this at my ANWG vendor, "Newton's Yarn Country" www.newton.com.  I couldn't resist the color.
Since I am always in need of gifts to give, I wound enough warp for two scarves.  I decided that the color alone was enough for a design and threaded my loom in plain weave.  I threw in a few stripes of rayon chenille to give the scarves interest.
Just about done my second scarf.  My loom will have to sit empty for a while.  The studio is almost done and I will soon be moving in.  It will be a pleasure to be able to move around my large loom unobstructed and have beautiful views all around me.  Tours will be given soon.

2 comments:

  1. Great pattern for that fabric - I hope you have enough of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors!! Can't wait for the tour of your new studio! :D

    ReplyDelete